Original WWII German CRIMEAN CAMPAIGN SHIELD. (Krimschild) “KRIM Shield” Certified. The Crimean Campaign shield was instituted on July 25TH 1942, as the third official campaign shield for award to all Wehrmacht, (Armed Forces), personnel who had been engaged in combat, were wounded or served three months in the Crimean peninsula campaign between September 21ST 1941 and July 21ST 1942. The award is in the form of a die stamped, magnetic sheet metal construction, shield with a bronze wash featuring a large embossed national eagle with out-stretched wings, clutching a wreathed, canted, swastika in it’s talons, to the top center, situated above an embossed, stylized, map of the Crimean peninsula with the embossed dates, “1941-1942”, and the impressed location, “Krim”. The recessed “water” surrounding the peninsula has a subtly pebbled, background field. The edge of the shield has a fine, embossed, line and a stepped down outer edge.. The shield is mounted on a cut-out, rounded bottom, flat topped, shield shaped, field-grey wool base with an alloy backing plate. 2 of the 4 pins are gone but it is very solid and does not effect the integrity of the award. One of the classic WWII German campaign shields worn on the sleeve of combat uniforms! Gettysburg Museum Certified (COA) provided. Also note when browsing our web site there are several pages of items, at the bottom of the list look for other page numbers. Don’t miss this!