Original WWII German Panzer Breast Eagle Brought Home By A U.S. Soldier. The German army originally adopted a slightly modified version of the NSDAP’s national eagle by order on February 17TH 1934, with instructions to have it applied to all steel helmets, visor caps, and tunics by May 1ST 1934. Later amendments to the introductory order stipulated that the national eagle was also to be worn on all field caps, the sports uniform and the black panzer wrap. The eagle came in three distinct designs with two having slightly different out-stretched wings and the third with down-swept wings. Generally officer’s ranks utilized hand or machine embroidered breast eagles while EM/NCO’s ranks utilized machine embroidered or woven breast eagles. The early standard issue EM/NCO’s M36 breast eagles were in white threads and were to be abolished in 1939 to be replaced with a less visible grey M39 breast eagle but the changeover was never fully completed. Early, M36 pattern, machine woven breast eagle in white threads on a cut-out, woven blue/green rayon base. Removed from a uniform. 100% Guaranteed to be authentic Brought home by a U.S .Veteran as a trophy of war. Complete museum documentation (COA) Provided. Certified by The Gettysburg Museum of History. The Gettysburg Museum of History does not support or condone Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party and is only offering this as a historic relic. Please see our other items. Also note when browsing our web site there are several pages of items, at the bottom of the list look for other page numbers.