Original WWI German M1895 PRUSSIAN EM/NCO’S BELT BUCKLE. (Koppelschloß) Certified
Original WWI German M1895 PRUSSIAN EM/NCO’S BELT BUCKLE. (Koppelschloß) Certified. First introduced in 1847, the design of the buckle remained virtually unchanged until 1918. After January of 1915, these buckles, which were also used by the Prussian-dominated states of Baden, Oldenburg, Hansa and Thuringia, were made of zinc-plated sheet iron. Originally the box buckles came in a 50mm, (roughly 2 inches), width until 1895 when the width was reduced to 45mm, (roughly 1 3/4 inches), in an attempt to lighten the weight load of the field gear. Initially the buckles were produced of brass with a nickel/silver face plate until 1914 when steel construction buckles were introduced. 1895 pattern, two-piece nickel/silver construction Prussian belt buckle. The 47mm, slightly convex, stamped metal box buckle, features, against its plain, obverse field, a crown to its domed center, encompassed by a dual rope-like border within which, against a ribbed background, is “Gott Mit Uns” (God [is] With Us), and a spray of laurels. To the reverse is its raised buckle catch, and a metal prong bar with dual prongs, for the belt’s retaining tongue. Unmarked. 100% guaranteed to be authentic Gettysburg Museum Certified (COA) provided. Please also see our other items on our web page.