Original WWII German RLB/SHD/LSW LUFTSCHUTZ INSIGNIA. (Abzeichen) Certified
Original WWII German RLB/SHD/LSW LUFTSCHUTZ INSIGNIA. (Abzeichen) Certified. Formed in late 1932 the Deutscher Luftschutzverband (German Air Protection League), was a voluntary organization designed to provide civil air raid protection in large civilian centers. Shortly after Hitler ascension to power the Deutscher Luftschutzverband was restructured and placed under the supervision of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium, (National Ministry of Aviation), under the control of Hermann Göring. On April 29TH 1933 the Deutscher Luftschutzverband was renamed RLB, Reichs Luftschutz Bund, (National Air Raid Protection League), and was given status as an official, national, organization tasked with all aspects of civil air raid defence. The RLB remained a voluntary organization with a small cadre of paid, full-time, uniformed, officials to oversee the organizations functions until June 1935 when obligatory service was introduced. The SHD, Sicherheits und Hilfs Dienst, (Security and Assistance Service), was formed in 1935 as a uniformed civilian organization under control of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium, (National Ministry of Aviation). The SHD worked in the civil air defence network with its primary functions being decontamination, fire fighting, rescue and repair and assisting civilian personnel and securing buildings following an air raid. Of Note: In 1939 the SHD began conscripting personnel and on March 19TH 1942 the organization was renamed Luftschutz-Polizei, (Air Protection Police), and came under control of the Ordnungspolizei, (Order Police). The LSW, Luftschutzwarndienst, (Air Raid Warning Service), was constituted in 1935 under control of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium, (National Ministry of Aviation), and was responsible for observation and analysis, of all aircraft especially, enemy bombers in German skies, and the eventual sounding of air raid warning alarms to alert the general public and the assorted civil air defense organizations of air raids. The LSW were also responsible for sounding the “all clear” signal. All three organizations worked in close cooperation with each other and all shared a common insignia that was worn on the upper left sleeve of some uniforms, on the right breast of other uniforms and as cap insignia and helmet decals. Machine woven, Luftschutz emblem in white threads on a woven, navy blue, rayon base. The insignia is in the form of stylized, spread, wings with a central, oak-leaf sprig and a canted, swastika positioned below a scripted banner, “Luftschutz”. The wingspan is roughly, 3.5″ from tip to tip. Typical storage wear, good condition (almost mint) . Complete museum documentation (COA) Provided. Certified by The Gettysburg Museum of History. 100% guaranteed to be authentic. The Gettysburg Museum of History does not support or condone Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party and is only offering this as a historic relic. Please see our other items. Also note when browsing our web site there are several pages of items, at the bottom of the list look for other page numbers. Scarce! Don’t miss it!