Original WWII German Luftwaffe FLAK RANGE FINDER PERSONNEL’S TRADE BADGE. (Entfernungsmesser Tätigkeitsabzeichen) Brought Home By A U.S. Soldier Certified

Original WWII German Luftwaffe FLAK RANGE FINDER PERSONNEL’S TRADE BADGE. (Entfernungsmesser Tätigkeitsabzeichen) Brought Home By A U.S. Soldier Certified

SOLD
Original WWII German Luftwaffe FLAK RANGE FINDER PERSONNEL’S TRADE BADGE. (Entfernungsmesser Tätigkeitsabzeichen) Brought Home By A U.S. Soldier Certified. On entering Luftwaffe service EM/NCO personnel were assigned and trained for a specific trade or military function. On successful completion of the appropriate training, personnel were issue a distinctive trade specialty badge to be worn on the lower left sleeve of the service tunic and the flight and field blouses as identifying insignia with a couple of exceptions. The original trade badges were introduced in May 1935 and were supplemented with additional badges prior to and early in the war. In all the Luftwaffe utilized no fewer then thirty-nine assorted trade specialty badges. Some select trade badges were piped with twisted grey or silver/aluminum braiding to denote NCO’ s ranks while some were piped with twisted gilt braiding to denote outstanding performance in the particular trade. When a trade badge was allocated with the gilt braid, outstanding performance, piping it came accompanied with an award certificate. Originally insignia for all personnel associated with the Flak Artillery was introduced on October 28TH 1936 until replaced with a second pattern on July 23RD 1937. Regulations of April 2ND 1942 introduced specialized insignia for Flak Range Finding personnel to replace the previously issued Flak Artillery trade badge and was utilized for the duration of the war. The 1942 pattern insignia consists of a Luftwaffe blue/grey wool base with ornate scalloped edging. The base features machine embroidered stylized wings positioned above oak-leave sprigs and a canted, swastika with a Gothic script “E” to the top center, all in light silvery/grey rayon threads. The Gothic “E” indicates, Entfernungsmesser, (Range Finder).   Complete museum documentation (COA) Provided. Certified by The Gettysburg Museum of History. The Gettysburg Museum of History does not support or condone Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party and is only offering this as a historic relic. Please see our other items.  Also note when browsing our web site there are several pages of items, at the bottom of the list look for other page numbers.

Description