Original WWII German NSKK NSKK “OLD FIGHTER’S” SLEEVE CHEVRON. (Armwinkel für alte Kämpfer) Brought Home By A US Veteran Certified
Original WWII German NSKK NSKK “OLD FIGHTER’S” SLEEVE CHEVRON. (Armwinkel für alte Kämpfer) Brought Home By A US Veteran Certified. The development of the NSKK, “National Sozialistisches Kraftfahr Korps” (National Socialist Motor Corps), can be traced back to 1923 when the SA introduced a “Kraftfahr Abteilung” (Motor Section) to transport personnel as required. In 1928 the SA Motor section was expanded to “Kraftfahrstaffeln” (Motor-squadrons). In an attempt to create a national motor corps, the NSAK, “National Sozialistisches Automobil Korps” (National Socialist Automobile Corps), was formed in April of 1930 as an NSDAP auxiliary organization, subordinate to the SA. In early 1931 Adolf Hühnlein was appointed as Chief of the NSAK and proposed a name change to NSKK, which was officially accepted in April of 1931. Shortly after the purge of the SA in the “Night of the Long Knives,” in June of 1934, the NSKK was promoted to an official NSDAP organization, given independent status within the party and absorbed the SA Motor Squadron’s personnel. Members who had belonged to another party organization prior to 1933 were authorized to wear a distinguishing “Old Fighters” variant sleeve insignia. A machine woven, second pattern (1938) NSKK eagle and swastika, with “N.S.K.K.” to a banner arching above it, and with an “Old Fighters” chevron beneath it, all in aluminum wire thread on a medium brown cloth backing. To its reverse is NSDAP stamp. Gettysburg Museum Certified (COA) provided. Rare 100% Guaranteed to be authentic. Sold for historic purposes only. See our other pieces on our web site. Also note when browsing our web site there are several pages of items, at the bottom of the list look for other page numbers. OUTSTANDING EXAMPLE WITH ORIGINAL STAMP!